Title Book: Weapons of Mass Deception
Author : Sheldon Rampton
ISBN 10: 1585422762
ISBN 13: 9781585422760
Publisher : Penguin
Category : History / Military / General
Languages : en
Pages : 248
File Type :
File Size : 53,9 Mb
Total Download : 989
Total Read : 42
NOTE: You Need to SIGN UP First
For Read or Download This Book (FREE SIGN UP)SIGN UP NOW
Weapons of Mass Deception reveals:
- How the Iraq war was sold to the American public through professional P.R. strategies.
- "The First Casualty": Lies that were told related to the Iraq war.
- Euphemisms and jargon related to the Iraq war, e.g. "shock and awe," "Operation Iraqi Freedom," "axis of evil," "coalition of the willing," etc.
- "War as Opportunity": How the war on terrorism and the war on Iraq have been used as marketing hooks to sell products and policies that have nothing to do with fighting terrorism.
- "Brand America": The efforts of Charlotte Beers and other U.S. propaganda campaigns designed to win hearts overseas.
- "The Mass Media as Propaganda Vehicle": How news coverage followed Washington's lead and language.
The book includes a glossary ? "Propaganda: A User's Guide" ? and resources to help Americans sort through the deceptions to see the strings behind Washington's campaign to sell the Iraq war to the public.